The Daily Haiku

A world of five - seven - five. At one time daily, now kind of sporadic.

January 29, 2008

Current theme: Battle Song of the North

Follow the river
To the lands of our enemy
And they are prepared

Fight our way up the river bank
Swords, shields, the blood flows
The battle din rises

Their defenses break
As we hack through their lines
Weapons sing with blood

Treachorously strike
A spear thrust into my back
I still fight onward

Gaping wound staring
As I now fall down to my knees
Dying in a foreign land

And gasping my last breath
Raise a stone for all to see
Runes carved memory

2 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

War, what's it good for!
Absolutely nothing, uh!
Good God, y-all, uh!

7:16 PM, January 29, 2008  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

Pillage and plunder! Pillage and plunder!

8:28 AM, January 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home