The Daily Haiku

A world of five - seven - five. At one time daily, now kind of sporadic.

June 24, 2009

Current theme: W is for Wings

For ABC Wednesday

Staring at the sky
This wishful thinking holds ground
In my realm of dreams

The clouds that pass by
A chirping Cardinal sings
Hoping, I look up

White shadow that glides
Like a calm breeze in Summer
Fade to a stillness

Those great wings unfurl
Stretch and spread in the Sun
Framing a halo

Reaching out, upward
So near and so far away
Always out of reach

Earth-bound, still hoping
For one day to soar above
With wings of my own

5 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Sabino Pereira said...

These wings of yours are a real gift from the sky!!! WOW! I love your poems!!!

On behalf of the ABC Team, I thank you for your contribution!!

10:39 AM, June 24, 2009  
Blogger B i r g i t t a said...

Wings - sailing in the sky - Wow!
http://foto.rudenius.se/post/2009/06/24/ABC-Wednesday-W.aspx

12:03 PM, June 24, 2009  
Blogger Los said...

Take ... these broken wings
And learn to fly away ... um.
Ink's favorite song.

7:41 PM, June 24, 2009  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Wings. Wonderful W. Wouldn't that be sublime to fly with one's own wings? I love your work.

11:59 PM, June 24, 2009  
Blogger S*Ja Znaju, Scrappar Liv said...

breathtaking, I love it

5:44 AM, June 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home