The Daily Haiku

A world of five - seven - five. At one time daily, now kind of sporadic.

April 8, 2009

Current theme: L is for (The River) Lethe (of Greek Mythology)

For ABC Wednesday

Along the lone banks
The cloudy river runs cold
Why do I sit here?

The sky hazy gray
No wind, no sound, no voices
Only the river's flow

Lethe commands the mind
A trial before returning
Cleanse the memories

But the past is mine!
Why can I not remember?
Knowledge of my life?

I would rather drink
From the holiest river
Known as Mnemosyne

Mnemosyne awakens
All of the past memories
Maybe omniscience?

5 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

It's the hand of fate ...
It picks me up, knocks me down.
It's enslaving me.

10:40 AM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Sherrie said...

Hi!
Wonderful "L" poem! Very pretty! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

10:56 AM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Sylvia K said...

Beautiful poem! Perfect for the "L" day! Hope the remainder of your week is great!

12:43 PM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Tumblewords: said...

Perfect for this 'L' day! Nicely worded, lingering thoughts.

3:06 PM, April 08, 2009  
Blogger Jay said...

Ah, Lethe ... very seductive subject.

'Why can I not remember?'

Why indeed!

On behalf of the team, thanks for taking part in ABC Wednesday this week! :)

4:17 PM, April 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home