The Daily Haiku

A world of five - seven - five. At one time daily, now kind of sporadic.

August 10, 2008

Current theme: Prose Sunday

Reactionary

Sometimes I can see patterns in the sound
A strange vestige, these undercurrents of reality
Maybe it's my own form of madness, encompassing
Maybe it's a call from the great below
Maybe it's the aether that snakes through us all
Permeating our lives so we're all intertwined
And I reach a pinnacle of manic reaction

It's so difficult to express what I see
It burns in my heart for fathomless aeons
Such intensity can be terrifying to behold
And I try to hide it within umbral spheres
But it leeches out of the depths of me
Liquid fire that threatens humanist mentality
It becomes the nadir of every reaction

I feel so alien in what I experience
I try to function in this strange synchronicity
But I tend to feel like I'm walking outside the coil
On the outside and looking in, beyond the veil
And as my heart trembles from this cause and effect
I know that these reactionary movements
Are building more walls, not clearing pathways
This life is just reactionary
I want it to be revolutionary

2 Comments:

Blogger Los said...

If I can step outside of my sarcastic self for just a moment - dude, that was haunting and beautiful.

4:13 PM, August 10, 2008  
Blogger Ink and Stone said...

Thanks, Los! I used to write ALOT back in the day... trying to get back into it.

9:11 AM, August 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home